Monday, April 19, 2010

My first PIZZA!

O.K. so one of my favourite bloggers, WhitInspired, makes homemade pizza all the time and I always drool over it. I was making some of my favourite cookies (which you can see in a minute!) and found a recipe in my Clean Eating Mag for Whole Wheat Pizza Dough and I said WHOA! I can do that! So, ladies and gentlemen, without further adieu... My Pizza.


Pre-Risen Dough

I forgot to take pictures of Risen Dough, Kneaded Dough, and Risen Kneaded Dough... Sorry. :-)

The Crust


The Crust with Trader Giotto's (Joe's) Pizza Sauce


Green Peppers, Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic, Chicken Breast, and Parmesan Cheese
I also brushed the crust with EVOO and drizzled the pizza with the same.


In the Oven!!!


Hot and ready for consumption!


Mmm... Pizza... on new pretty plates and placemats!!!

So... a review!

It was SUPER easy to make and had a great flavour! I didn't roll it out enough, thus it did not get quite cooked for my lunch, but I popped it back in for a second round to get more crisp.

Two things I would change: no chicken strips... at least not this kind. They were bulky and dried up in the oven and the other thing to change is that I need to learn how to roll out the dough properly. :-)

NOW onto my cookies... Oh, my cookies. ANOTHER Clean Eating Mag favourite! I think I will have to make these once a week almost... they are so good!!! This is my third time making them, though I've never made them the same way twice!

I present to you... Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies:

Fresh outta the oven!


Yummy!!!


The recipe is super, super easy!

Ingredients:
1 cup almond butter
3/4 cup Sucanat (I used 1/2 because I ran out...)
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 oz 70% Dark Chocolate Chips (I used 2 oz because in the past, 3 seemed superfluous)

Preheat oven to 350*. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and spoon tablespoon-sized balls onto parchment lined or greased baking sheet. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Cool on sheet for 5 minutes, transfer to cooling rack and cool for an additional 10-15 minutes, if you can wait that long!

Even with the modifications, they turned out WONDERFULLY, but they are SUPER crumbly, as always! :-)

1 comment:

  1. YUMMMM!!! I love homemade pizza. Seriously. And I saw that crust in the clean eating magazine...is that the same one with the Chicago deep dish recipe? Because I have been DYING to try that one! And the cookies look good too :)

    ReplyDelete