Monday, April 19, 2010

May I present... Hubert...

..who was our dinner.

This is Hubert in her raw form, before I descrated her body with oil and spices...
Wait, that sounds more like what they did in Biblical times to prepare a body for burial...

...

...

Moving on...



This is Hubert oiled, herbed, and balsamic vinegared with 3 lbs of her closest potato friends.

I was foolish and forgot to photograph Hubert in all her golden brown glory, but you can see her wing... here:


Such a lovely color, no?

And finally...

...

The feast:


Best green beans I've ever had. Thank you Tom Leonard's.

Oh man, this meal was to die for! So easy and SO delish!

Basically, you preheat to 400*, rub the 5-6 lb chicken down with oil, then rub your rosemary, salt, pepper, and thyme on top of the skin, under the skin, and in the cavity. Cut your 3lbs of red potatoes in half and toss with 2 tsp EVOO, and the same spice and herb mix as above. I never measure, I just eyeball what looks like enough. :-)
Put the chicken breast side up (or standing up, like my roaster has the poultry do) in the roasting pan rack (if you have no rack, just place it in) and put potatoes in the bottom of the roasting pan.

Bake for 45 min, cover with aluminum foil to prevent burning of the skin, bake for 45 min again. Breast should be at 160*, thigh at 170*, juices clear. Let the chicken rest on a cutting board (the temp will rise to a piping 170*) while you steam up your 1.5 (I think) lbs of green beans. :-)

I think I gave myself third degree burns trying to slice Hubert up too soon. That's what I get for naming the chicken we ate for dinner. Also, I could not stop laughing at the sight of Hubert sitting upright in my roasting pan. :-) Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment