Wednesday, February 3, 2010

NOT a fail. Woohoo.

So... I have a snow day off from school and I planned out my day to go to the gym (our roads are covered in snow/slush/ice/water) to run my second training run for my 10k in March so very perfectly. I ate a great breakfast with my workout in mind (bowl of Kashi Heart to Heart and a banana with peanut butter and honey) and drank a big ol' cup of water (a good 24oz). I gave myself time to let the food/water settle. I left to get to the gym at 12 (I usually eat lunch around 1.30). I got 18 minutes into the 20 minute journey and realize that...


I left my badge at home. Crap.

Turn around. Gas light comes on. Crap.

Get gas. Get home. Realize I forgot to put house gas bill in mail. Crap.

Paid bill. Grabbed badge. Went back to gym. Good.

It's almost 1.00 p.m. and I am getting hungry. Crap.

Had things gone according to plan I would have been done with my workout and on my way home at this point. Not the case.

I ran my 2 miles on the dreadmill, felt really crappy because I was hungry and no longer had enough fuel in my system, but I ran my 2 miles. Not a lot, but it's what the day called for today. I could have given up completely, but I didn't. I could have stayed at home when I came back, but I didn't.


I'm pretty proud of myself right now. :-)

Okay, AW done. And now I am sitting on the couch having enjoyed my two slices of Whole Foods vegan greek pizza (no cheese, olives, onions, tomatoes, and spinach). SO YUMMY. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment