Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mexican Pasta Bake

I didn't grocery shop for recipes this week... I challenged myself to come up with recipes to fit what I had. This is what happened tonight:

Mexican Pasta Bake

1.44 lbs 93% lean ground beef (It would take a small army to keep me away from red meat)
1 box whole wheat rotini
1/2 cup onion chopped
1/2 cup red onion chopped
1/2 cup green onion chopped
1 can white sweet corn
1 can green enchilada sauce
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese (I would have used mexican blend as I thought I had that in my fridge... but yeah... I didn't)
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
Black pepper to taste

Directions: Brown the meat with the spices. Meanwhile, boil water for pasta and cook pasta. Add the peppers and onion. Cook for 2 minutes, add corn. cook 2 minutes, add enchilada sauce and salsa. Let simmer for a few minutes.
Combine pasta and meat mixture in a greased 13x9 pan. Add half the cheese and combine well.
Bake covered for 15 minutes at 350*, uncover, spread the remaining cheese on top and bake for an additional 10 minutes, uncovered. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment