Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My first 3 mile run EVER

It was supposed to be 3.1 miles in preparation for Sunday's 5k (just wanted to see if I could do it all running, which I think I can, based on today), but I missed a turn in my suburbian road labrynth that I call my running route, so it turned out being 3.03 miles, but I did have to run in place for at least 15 seconds while waiting for traffic, so I'm kinda telling myself I did the 5k anway. ;-) It took me 32 min 41 sec.

I feel very good about myself, though when I finished I thought I was going to die. I live in very hilly suburbia, but luckily the race is flat. Before c25k, I had hardly run a mile, and that was only in HS gym class... sooo... 7+ years ago? Now I can run THREE miles. :-)
I have some goals for Sunday.



Goal 1: Sub 35 min 5k (an easy goal I pretty much know I can achieve)



Goal 2: Sub 33 min 5k (something I'd have to work for, but achievable)



Goal 3: Sub 31 min 5k (I've never run a whole mile at a 6mph pace, so this is a stretcher)

I feel a little guilty because I never really "completed" the c25k program. I went through week 7, then skipped week 8, and now I am pretty much doing week 9 in preparation for Sunday's race... it's been a 2.5 month journey, but it's been worth it. I can't believe how far I've come. I NEVER thought I'd run 3 miles. Now, I can and I HAVE. I was thinking today about what comes next. I finish c25k. I can run 3 miles. Am I going to keep going? Am I really crazy enough to work up to 26.2? I just don't know if I've fallen in love with it yet, you know? We'll see what happens after Sunday. The race could change everything. Just pray for NO RAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment