Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Slacker

I am one. OK. Now that we've established that, we can move on.

Yesterday was a good day. I ran W7(holy halibut! W7 already?) D1 of c25k (25 minutes of running, 2.42 miles; getting closer to 6 min mile pace!), we had an old college friend over for dinner and a movie since he was in town on business, and I made a pretty spectacular dinner.

CLEAN Spaghetti Carbonara

Story: My mom was really sick (before I was born) and my dad had to do a lot of cooking, so his boss gave him a recipe for a very simple pasta dish that has stayed with the family for many years now.

1 lb Whole Wheat Pasta
6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided 4, and 2)
4 tsp salt
3 eggs (or whites)
1 package of Turkey Kielbasa Sausage plus any seasonings you'd like to add (I use black pepper and oregano)
1/2 cup-1 cup parmesan cheese

Bring 4 tbsp EVOO and salt to boil. While water gets to boil, cut sausage into small, bite-sized chunks.
Add pasta to boiling water and cook to desired softness. While the pasta cooks, brown the sausage with seasonings (I use EVOO to do this, but cooking spray works).
Drain, place back in pot, and add the eggs, tossing with HOT pasta to cook the eggs. Add 2 tbsp EVOO, sausage, and Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste if desired.

As of week 1 of the HFNHC, I am winning. That's because I'm awesome. :-)

I contacted HR of the county schools for the county I live in and she said that my name should come up for orientation for subbing in the next few weeks. That'd be wonderful, really wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment