Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'm back...

Okay, I know it's been forever. I'm sorry. There has been a lot going on with my getting sick, church, teaching, and trips to Charlottesville. It's busy in this household.

I'll update by category. :-)

Running: I ran my first 5 mile run on March 2nd. It was amazing... I finished in under 53 minutes, which is slow for most, but great for me! :-) I had to take a week off because I got sick, then I was lazy for another 6 days. I ran Monday... 2 miles, very slowly, in the rain... and cold. I felt BAD. 13 days off is KILLER. I went out for five miles yesterday... mistake. I ran about 2.25, bought a HUGE bottle of water (it was the cheapest!) at the gas station, walked a mile, then started running again, with my giant water bottle... that was cumbersome, so I dropped it at a road sign and kept going to run a total of 1.75 miles on my second leg. All in all, a 4 mile run, with a 1 mile break. And don't worry, I went to pick up my water bottle in my car after the run. I'm drinking from it right now because it was a lot of water and I couldn't finish it. :-)

Food: Pretty boring around here lately because of the sickness and the busy thing too. I've been doing the majority of our produce shopping at Tom Leonard's, which is AMAZING. It's a "farmer's market" with the best and cheapest meats, veggies, fruits, cheeses and other yummy things ever, including LOTS of samples. Tee hee. We picked up some Nan and Trader Joe's after having a delicious dinner at the home of some of our friends from church. ALSO... I met the Lee Brothers!!!!


Go ahead! BE JEALOUS!!!!! They kicked off their new book/cooking tour for Simple, Fresh, Southern at the Williams Sonoma at Short Pump Towne Center. They made some amazing Asparagus Soup and a really great dessert. :-) So fun!!! I had just finished up subbing at an alternative school and I had to break up my first fight... so the book signing was my treat. :-) Super day overall!

Crafting: I have been making a little bit of jewelry and teaching some of the girls at church how to make things at CREATE (our Wednesday night activity for youth... Photography, Crafts, and Music are the three courses they can take right now).

(Sorry, I forgot to rotate!)

I've really enjoyed getting to know some girls from the youth group through this and LSMengage (Lower School Ministry). I also made my first project on my SEWING MACHINE (I got it for Christmas this past year). My mom helped me make a pair of pajama pants; they are super cute. In fact, I'll show ya!


Not the greatest photo of me... Oh well... :-) I also started working on my wedding album again. It's hard and slow, but I just want it to be perfect. :-)

Life: I'm currently reading this:


It's Ah-MAZING. I love it. It's extremely challenging. I feel like I'm underlining EVERYTHING. So far, the things that have hit me are this quotation:  "The irony is that while God doesn't need us but still wants us, we desperately need God but don't really want Him most of the time. He treasures us and anticipates our departure from this earth to be with Him-and we wonder, indifferently, how much we have to do for Him to get by" (Chan 61) and the chapter called "Profile of the Lukewarm". This chapter is the one that I am in the middle of right now and it is quite convicting. I can really feel God speaking to me through this book. I am so glad that my brother gave it to me for Christmas!

Subbing is going well... I'm making money at least. :-) I'm trying to get my name out there as much as possible so that I can get hired in this county (fingers crossed!).

WE GOT TICKETS TO SEE WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEE!!!!!

I have really gotten tired of my fitness slump though. The beach is in 2.5 months and I really need to lose some pounds before I hit the sand in my too-teeny bikinis... :-0!!!!! I have talked with some Nesties and we are going to keep each other accountable throughout the coming months. We haven't talked details, but it's super nice to have someone else out there who understands and is willing to help! :-)

Well, I think I will wrap this up... but, I plan on doing a 101 in 1001 update soon. :-) Hope you have a lovely day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment