Thursday, October 29, 2009

Oops

Well, it's been a while... Sorry! It's been busy around here with DH studying for his next actuarial exam, church, new cooking adventures, shopping, and general merriment surrounding the celebration of my birth! :-) My mom got the swine flu (probably) and is getting over it, my ILs and Grandparent ILs came in, my Dad and his wife came into town too... We went to a great housewarming party for some new church friends... Let's see... Well, most exciting of all...



My birthday was just over a week ago and DH made it perfect in every way except one thing... He woke me up at 7 AM. Haha. He had to head out for some "last minute birthday stuff", which I knew meant breakfast and flowers. :-) He returned with both (Einstein Bros Bagels and Tulips, my favourite) as well as a cake. How sweet is he? :-) For lunch, we went to Maymont Park, which was lovely. After that we went shopping and I got my nails done (love that!). Dinner was the real treat, though; We went to The Melting Pot. YUM. The big night out was definitely that: BIG. I had to unzip my dress in the car in order to breath properly after expanding from so much food.



Lately, we've been experimenting with a few recipes. On Tuesday, we had Clean Eating Macaroni, a recipe I believe I got from TPOX, a wonderful clean eating blogger that I know of from The Nest Boards. Tonight we had Oatmeal Banana Pancakes with a Pomegranate Syrup, also courtesy of TPOX's blog. :-) They were a hit with DH, but I'm not sure I liked the syrup with the pancakes, though separately, each were very good. I get so many fun recipes from people's blogs! Tomorrow night I am making Maple Ginger Turkey Breast, which, if I am not mistaken, has ALSO been taken from TPOX's blog! Oh my!!! Thanks TPOX!



We are now about to finish Week FIVE of the C25k program. Today was 8 minutes of jogging, 5 minute rest, 8 minutes of jogging. It was hard, but at the same time, I did feel ready to run before the 5 minute walk was over. This is the scary point in the training though because now there are no more scheduled walks in the program!! YIKES! Sat/Sun (whichever day we can do it) is a 20 minute straight run! My oh my! At least it's something to counteract my sitting on my butt watching the first two seasons of Bones on DVD which we bought a week ago tomorrow. I finished two seasons of TV in 6 days. Holy mackerel I need a life!



I think I may have good news on the job front. At church last night, two separate people told me about opportunities in the county that we live in. One teaches for the county and said she'd look into the subbing situation for me and talk to some people and the other, our new friend Kim, told me about a job fair for the county schools coming up next month! Let's hope and pray that there's something GOOD out there. I had substitute "orientation" for the city schools a few weeks ago and it was AWFUL. When something like that is presented in such a disorganized fashion, it really makes me want to participate even less. So much time and energy could have been saved if there had been simple planning. I find that this is the case most everywhere I go, but being an organizer and someone who is fond of efficiency, I am bound to notice how things can be improved to be more time effective as well as just more effective in general.



Okay, that was the most boring paragraph EVER. I'm quitting now while I'm ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment