Thursday, June 23, 2011

Steak with Argentine Herb Sauce Recipe

Courtesy of Good Housekeeping Magazine

Yummy! :-)

Ingredients

1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
1 clove garlic
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano (I used basil... I am out of oregano!)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Kosher salt
Pepper
4 (2 1/2 pounds total, each 1 inch thick) New York beef strip steaks (I used 1.5 lbs of good, lean steak to make 4 servings)

Directions

1.Prepare outdoor (or indoor if you live in a teeny apt like me!) grill for direct grilling on medium-high. Fit wire rack into jelly-roll pan.

2.Prepare herb sauce: In food processor with knife blade attached, combine parsley, cilantro, and garlic; pulse until finely chopped. Add oil, vinegar, oregano, red pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and black pepper; pulse to blend.

3.Pat steaks dry. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper all over steaks. Immediately place on grill; cook 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness, turning over every 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Let stand 5 minutes.

4.Stir any meat juices into herb sauce. Slice steak; serve with sauce.

The Verdict: We liked the bite the sauce had, but it just didn't hit it off with our taste buds. I liked it in a thiiiin layer on top, but I wasn't eating chunks of it on top of the steak. I'm glad I plated it the way I did. I don't think this one will grace our plates again, but it wasn't awful.

I served it with purple cauliflower and Annie's Low Sodium Mac 'n Cheese for a nice, colourful plate. I think that was accomplished, though the cauliflower was a little bitter. Oh well. Another meal bites the dust!

I'm headed to the gym soon for a good working out. Tomorrow we are headed to an amusement park with college friends- I am SO excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment