Saturday, April 2, 2011

2011 Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k

Well, I did it. I ran the 10k in 59.35. Unfortunately, I felt like I was going to puke the whole time... I am proud of the time accomplishment, but it's been a rough day. I ran with my girl Julia for the first 5 miles, but she was too fast for me for that last mile. I'm so proud of her for powering through that race!

I have learned that this race is not a race in which I should aim to PR ever again. There are too. Many. People. I was bobbing and weaving the whole time, which is not fun... I still feel a little puke-y, so I've been sitting on the couch watching... Austin Powers. I forgot how terrible these movies are. I'll leave you with a few pictures. :-)




Julia and me in the corral


Aaaand... we're off!


Here I come

So close!


Wavin' to the hubs


Headed to the finish!


Almost there!!
 Have a great day! I am on Spring Break now! No students for 8.5 more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment