Well, I've made some pretty yummy things lately.
Spicy Shrimp Fettuccine
- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white wine or Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the shrimp, tomato juice, tomato sauce, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and wine until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and sauce is thickened.
- Drain fettuccine; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with basil just before serving.
Favourite Skillet Lasagna
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed (I used Italian seasoned ground turkey)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce (I used about 16 oz because that's what I had left in the jar)
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat egg noodles (I used about 2.5)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, egg noodles, water and zucchini. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the ricotta, Parmesan and parsley. Drop by tablespoonfuls over pasta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Grilled Tilapia with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons basil, olive oil, garlic, capers and lemon peel; set aside 2 tablespoons for sauce. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of fillets with remaining vinaigrette.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Brush with reserved vinaigrette and sprinkle with remaining basil.
Well, there you go! I hope you find something in there! All of those recipes were from Taste of Home Healthy Cooking.
I've had a lot of subbing lately, which has been lovely. Big paychecks before Christmas! :-) I have today off, so I am finishing up Christmas decorating today before I have an Art class tomorrow and Band classes on Thurs/Fri. And of course HARRY POTTER comes out on Thursday night!!!!!!!! Totally going to the midnight showing.
Hope everyone has a great week!!